Now Accepting Applications for Spring 2021
Getting started on your MS in Spiritual Care has never been easier. Our Admissions Coordinators are here to answer any questions you may have. If you are interested in becoming a chaplain, completing Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE), or increasing your training in ethics and spiritual care, we encourage you to apply.
Admission is open to theological students, clergy persons, religious community members, and qualified lay persons. Applicants must complete the following:
- Submit online application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges previously attended
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.00
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree earned from a regionally accredited institution
- Submit current resume
- Submit two letters of reference from any of the following:
- Pastor or faith community leader
- Someone who knows your academic performance
- Someone who knows your work ethic/experience
- Someone who has known you for more than 5 years
- Complete a personal essay or goal statement outlining career goals, the applicant’s desire to attend a faith-based institution, specifically AdventHealth University, and an explanation of the applicant’s call to pastoral ministry in a specialized context
Applicants selected for consideration for admission into the program will also have to complete the personal interview process.
NOTE: Students must complete 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) at one of the ACPE Accredited CPE Centers. This can be completed prior to, during, or after online coursework. Only 1 unit may be used for academic credit towards this degree. Participants will be required to apply to the ACPE Center of their choice and be admitted to CPE at that center based on the interview and application process defined by that center.
Spring 2021: November 1, 2020
Summer 2021: February 1, 2021
Fall 2021: May 1, 2021
Transfer credits are not done automatically for graduate-level courses. If you feel you have completed a course that is equivalent, you will be required to submit a course syllabus for each course. Courses to be considered must be taken within the previous 6 years from a regionally accredited institution, and you must have earned a “B” or better in the course.
All requests must be approved by the respective department chair. An Admissions Coordinator can answer any additional questions you have about transferring credits.
To learn more about tuition costs and fees, visit our Tuition page. A variety of financial aid options, including local, national, and AHU scholarships, are available.
We encourage you to reach out to your current employer to learn if they offer tuition assistance. AdventHealth employees can find information on tuition assistance HERE.
AHU is committed to helping our students succeed from the very start. To learn more about how to apply for the MSSC program, contact us now.
AHU OnlineSchedule Appointment