How to Drop a Course
Student-Initiated Withdrawals – Important information for students seeking to withdraw from a course(s).
Students should be aware that course withdrawals may affect:
- Anticipated graduation date
- Immigration status
- Financial status
- Eligibility for a professional program
- Progression requirements for a professional program.
Before a student withdraws, it is recommended that the student:
- Meet with the professor to discuss his or her progress in the course
- Meet with an academic advisor/online manager to discuss how the withdrawal will affect his or her educational plans
- Meet with a financial aid advisor to discuss how the withdrawal will affect his or her financial aid
- Refer to the Refund Policy in the Financial Information section of the Academic Catalog.
To drop a course within the first seven days of a trimester:
- Login to your my.ahu.edu
- Select “Academics”
- Select “Registration”
- Select “Choose Courses”
- Select the course you wish to drop by clicking on it and following the prompts to remove it from your schedule.
If it is past the seventh day of the trimester, you will need to submit a Drop Form to your Online Student Manager.
To be eligible for a refund, be sure to have the form submitted prior to the add/drop deadlineDownload PDF